- 1 AirPlay Software | How Does AirPlay Software Works
- 2 AirPlay Software | How Can Music Be Streamed On AirPlay?
- 3 AirPlay Software | Hardware Devices that uses AirPlay
- 4 AirPlay Software | Can AirPlay Transmit Metadata?
- 5 AirPlay Software | What Audio Format is Used?
- 6 AirPlay Software | How to use AirPlay to Mirror your Mac Display
AirPlay Software | How Does AirPlay Software Works
AirPlay Software is a wireless technology device that is developed by Apple for streaming content between devices that shares a network wirelessly. The devices can be MacBook (streaming a document to an AirPlay-compatible printer), iPhone (streaming music to wireless speakers in your home), Desktop Mac (streaming an HD movie to your TV).
Airplay (which also have another version known as AirPlay 2.0) is the part of operating systems that runs on all Ma computers and iOS mobile devices, any of these devices can stream content from one device to another as long as they are on the same network to any AirPlay-compatible devices that are also on the network.
AirPlay Software | How Can Music Be Streamed On AirPlay?
For digital music, you can stream to your TV and equip it with an Apple TV tyhen share t with other devices using an Airport Express or listen to your music with AirPlay-compatible speakers.
It is possible to stream digital music to several rooms with AirPlay 2 equipped with Aiplay-compatible speakers at a time or stream directly to headphones available from most major headphone manufacturers.
AirPlay Software | Hardware Devices that uses AirPlay
You will need two devices where one will transmit information and the other will receive it just like any wireless network.
Below is a description of the Sender Hardware and the Receiver Hardware:
- AirPlay Sender Hardware: All Apple portable devices that runs the iOS operating system devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch are senders. This devices must be running iOS version 4.2 or higher version. A Mac or windows computer that runs iTunes can be set up as an AirPlay sender device. You can also stream the Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4th
ALSO READ: Unlock iPhones | How To Unlock Iphone 6 Etc
- AirPlay Receiver Hardware: All model of Apple TV (except first generation), Airport Express and AirPlay-compatible speakers are receivers. Most of the home printers are AirPlay compatible. You can stream to Apple’s HomePod speaker with AirPlay 2, you can also take a call or play game without the music been interrupted.
AirPlay Software | Can AirPlay Transmit Metadata?
Yes, AirPlay can Transmit Metadata. Let’s take for example, if you use Apple TV tio stream music, photos and videos from your iOS device to your HDTV, then metadata such as artist, song title and genre can be displayed.
You can also transmit and display album art using on AirPlay, to send the cover art, you can use the JPEG image format.
AirPlay Software | What Audio Format is Used?
To stream your digital music using Wi-Fi, AirPlay uses the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). The Apple Lossless Audio Codec can be used over the UDP transport layer protocol to stream two different audio channels at 44100 Hertz.
Audio data is processed by the AirPlay sever device, which use a private key-based encryption system.
AirPlay Software | How to use AirPlay to Mirror your Mac Display
To use AirPlay to mirror your Mac display to an Apple TV-equipped projector or TV, you have to turn on both devices, when both devices are turned on and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, just click on the AirPlay Status menu located in the menu bar of the Mac and choose the projector or television from the drop-down menu.