Category Developer Job vacancy is open at Jumia Nigeria. The Category Developer Job vacancy is for those that are interested in working with Jumia Nigeria and those graduates must base in Nigeria. Details of the job are explained below
- Company: Jumia Nigeria
- Location: Any Part Of Nigeria
- Posted Date: Oct 20, 2017
- Job Type: Full time Information Technology
The Category Developer Job Job Description
Table of Contents
Jumia Nigeria ongoing recruitment for suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Category Developer.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
The Category Developer Job Responsibilities
- We are searching for an exceptional Category Developer with a hunter mentality who has the ability to design and execute cross-sell and up-sell strategies to drive revenue into existing customers.
- The successful candidate will identify valuable partners, negotiate and close impactful deals, commercial and strategic business agreements, and manages and grows the resulting partnerships to drive revenue growth for Jumia and its vendors.
- You will also be responsible for acquiring, onboarding and developing vendor on Jumia.
In particular you will:
- Ensure that the pricing and promotion of these categories are managed effectively to increase sales and profitability aimed at driving sustainable growth.
- Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
- Proactively arrange time in territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Coordinate account set up, initial equipment and product deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, including follow-up with customer once account is set up.
- Help reshape and define assigned category to proactively engage customer base and drive wallet share growth.
- Effectively execute territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue across 100-125 assigned accounts
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals Jumia targets and influence a sales plan that is in line with our seller business direction.
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals.
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Jumia
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful vendors/ products
- Utilize tools and best practices to meet and exceed weekly sales goals & metrics
The Category Developer Job Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Key Account Management, Sales and/or Business Development in a large FCMG organisation
- Proven ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through long deal cycles, and close complex deals.
- Ability to create valid business reasons to engage customers to drive meaningful sales engagements and business opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Advanced knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry