Imagine accessing documents in your PC that is back home while you at the office. Well, this is what Chrome remote desktop brings you.
The Chrome Remote Desktop provides a quick access to your computer whenever it is not within reach. The plug-in only works when the computer you are using together with the recipient computer are all connected to the internet. It allows you to safely access all your files and applications from either on another computer, a tablet or your Smartphone.
How chrome desktop works.
The chrome remote desktop is but a simple program made by the renowned Google search engine. This program is added to chrome browser as an extension.
The following are the steps on how to use and ensure that your Chrome Remote Desktop works perfectly. However, this works differently on different operating systems. The following is a guide to installing and using the plug-in:-
First ensure that you have allowed remote access from your computer. This is you do by checking internet connectivity on both ends, your side and the recipient computer. Without doing this you may be unable to use the chrome remote desktop. You may cross check remote access by:-
- Typing chrome apps on your address bar and pressing enter.
- Searching for Chrome Remote Desktop in the search box on the chrome apps.
- Once installed successfully, you will need to press the â€œget startedâ€ icon. This one will help establish connectivity between the recipient computer and your mobile handset.
You can also establish a connection using another PC. To do this, the procedure and steps are similar.Â You will need to use the other PC to download the plug-in and add the same as an extension to your browser. After that, you will need to establish a connection to the other computer so that you can access your files and documents. This is the easiest way to use a chrome remote desktop. It is fast and convenient in sharing and transfer of files and documents.
Pros & Cons of Chrome Remote Desktop.
The chrome remote desktop clearly has quite some advantages. It also features some slight flip sides that can be tweaked so that it unleashes its full potential.
- It is easy to install. Adding the extension to chrome browser is very straight forward.
- It works well regardless of the operating system. It is excellent in most of the current operating systems. Whether it is windows, iOS, android or Linux, the application works pretty well.
- It allows you to share files with different people.
- It can be used in full screen mode unlike other sharing apps.
- It only works when using Chrome.
- You are not able to use shortcuts within the Chrome remote desktop view.
- It lacks a chat option which is found in many remote desktop apps.
Access all your files and documents using chrome remote desktop. It brings you comfort convenience and reliability that comes with digital file sharing.
Download the Chrome Remote App directly here.