Last updated on September 20th, 2020 at 02:10 pm | This article was published at an earlier date and has been updated with new information.
BASF West Africa – customer service officer and construction chemical job vacancies at BASF West Africa – BASF West Africa has an opened job for those that are interested in working with them as a customer service officer or construction chemical to be his/her career. Details of the job are explained below.
- Company: BASF West Africa
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Posted Date: Oct 17, 2017
- Job type: Full time Customer Service
BASF West Africa Job Description
BASF West Africa ongoing recruitment for suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Customer Service Officer – Construction Chemicals.
ALSO, READ: Grant Manager Job | at Solidarites International
The Position is based in Nigeria.
What You Can Expect
The Customer Service Officer (CSO) is required to take the full ownership and responsibility of all back-office OTC processes? In this role, duties will include:
- Customer Order Management – Effective Sales Order Management, order entry, compilation of pro-forma invoices, checking product availability Handling enquiries, keeping the customers updated with the progress of sales order by interfacing with the Production and Sales team
- Coordinate customer enquiries, directing the enquiry to the appropriate department and / or responsible person and ensure feedback is given to customer within required or agreed timeframe.
- Proactively support Credit Management team to ensure minimal dunning issues and effective credit limits on customer accounts
- Non-Conformance Management- Process customer returns and credit notes through the NCM or other applicable system
- Ensuring all required master data, eg customer masterdata is updated and maintained on SAP per BU processes
- Support to EB sales team with handling defined customer requests, eg stock availability, pro-forma invoices, data sheets, and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Handling of all customer sample requests, from receiving of the request, to recording and processing to delivery of the sample to the customer within the agreed timeframes.
- Reporting on relevant order management KPI’s to Country management team.
ALSO, READ: Swift Networks Limited | Store Executive Job
What BASF West Expect From Job Seeker
- National Diploma or Degree within relevant field OR equivalent qualification and 6 to 8 years’ experience with proven track record in the related field
- Proven track record of work experience in Sales or Logistics
- SAP experience and Microsoft Office computer skills are essential for this role.
- Self-motivated and result orientated
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English is required.
What BASF West offers
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.