FRSC releases 6 documents every driver MUST have

FRSC releases 6 documents every driver MUST have.. The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has posted a list of documents ever Nigerian driver must have to avoid been penalized or their vehicle been impounded.

Below is a full list:

1. Driver’s license

Your driver’s license is one must have by every driver. To get one you should apply to the FRSC office, undergo a mandatory driving test and pay a token. This is what your driver’s license looks like:

FRSC releases 6 documents every driver MUST have

Drivers license

2. Vehicle license

After your license as a driver, getting your vehicle license is also as important. This can be easily done on the FRSC official website. This is what your vehicle license looks like:

Vehicle license

3. Certificate of Road worthiness

This is a document certifying that a vehicle is road-worthy and can be driven on the Nigerian road for a stated period of time.

This document is mandatory for all commercial vehicles and its validity is for a period of 6 months. For private vehicles, however, that are older than 5 years, the road-worthiness certificate is to be obtained once a year.

The road-worthiness certification process has been adopted on the AutoReg platform in Kebbi and Niger states.

This is what it looks like:


Certificate of roadworthiness

4. Insurance certificate

A vehicle insurance is also known as car insurance, motor insurance or auto insurance. It is insurance for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles.

It provides financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise there from.

The National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) handles vehicle insurance. It usually looks like this:

Vehicle insurance certificate

5. Proof of ownership

This is to prove that you own the vehicle and can be gotten from the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO). Below is a photo of it:

Proof of ownership

6. Learners permit

Drivers with these permits must have their instructors with them while driving. You may also need CMR is some states and tint permit if your car has tinted windows.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.