Last updated on September 20th, 2020 at 08:50 pm | This article was published at an earlier date and has been updated with new information.
TeamViewer focuses on cloud-based technologies to enable online support and collaborate in real time across the globe in 2005. Remote support, remote access, and online collaboration are not mere buzzwords. They represent helping people, better integrating technology into our daily lives, and creating new ideas.
People have collectively used the technology from TeamViewer in billions of instances where distance and time would have otherwise prevented them from accomplishing their goals.
Popularity ofÂ theÂ software.
- has been installed on over 1 billion devices (each device generates a unique ID).
- creates 750,000 new IDs every day.
- has over 20 million devices online at any given time.
- speaks your language with the software and support in more than 30 languages.
TeamViewer is a software application used to connect to any computer or server around the world in just a few seconds. It’s many features include remote control. Desktop sharing and file transfer between computers.You can even access a computer running TeamViewer with a web browser.
TeamViewer is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android.
Bellow quick tutorial will guide you through the installation of TeamViewer and help you establish a basic desktop sharing session with your partner.
- 1Browse to http://www.teamviewer.com.
- 2Click on “Download” button. There are many versions to download i.e. full installer, portable or zipped.Â
- 3Save the file to a desired location on your computer.Â
- 4After the file has finished downloading, open the file to execute setup.
- Choose Basic installation.Â
- 6Select Personal/Non-commercial for personal use OR choose commercial license if you own a license.
- 7check “Show Advance Settings” in case you want to change the install path.
- 8You may choose to enabled VPN options or add-in for Outlook from advanced settings. Click finish after selecting your options.
- 9You are now ready to start a desktop sharing session with a partner who has TeamViewer installed on his computer.
- 10Enter your partner’s ID number in the box below and “Create Session”.
When prompted, enter the password provided from your session partner.
- You should now have full remote access to your partner’s computer.