Navigated Table of Contents
How to fix Facebook app not working
Facebook app most times let use get frustrated when it comes up with the issue of not working fast or not responding, you might have tried a lot of ways just to get the issue work out but still you haven’t found a better solution. We are at your doorstep to help you fix your Facebook app.
What to do to fix your Facebook not working
Reboot your phone
You can try this as the first solution which sometimes helps because this saves a lot of time. If you restart your phone or maybe your PC, this will help to sort your problem out.
You will need to log out from the APP
You can also try to log out of your Facebook app. This helps sometimes too with your account also logging out might help too.
How to log out from your Facebook app
- Log in to your Facebook then tap on the three-bar icon or image which is at the top-right corner of your screen
- Click on log out
- Now you are logged out, you can now log in back.
- Clear cache
This is just like restarting your phone if you are trying this is just like another alternative for a lot of users. If you are not cleaning any important data, clearing your cache can help to fix issues by deleting your file temporarily.
Check the below step to clear your cache in Facebook app
- You will need to open device settings on your phone then click on Apps & notifications or App manager based on the position available in your device.
- When you find the app available, click on all the apps, you can tap on installed apps.
- Below the installed apps, click on Facebook
- Click on storage also tap the clear cache button.
- Clear your data
When you are clearing your cache and you find out it not helping the situation, you can also try to clear data for the Facebook app. If you are clearing data it different from clearing cache which will log you out from the app also delete the app settings as well as the media downloaded from Facebook.
If you need to clear the data of the Facebook app, you will need to repeat the step above for a clear cache. After, click on storage and maybe you can tap on the clear cache option, click on the clear storage/clear data.
- Update the app
Most times, an issue like this might be because of a bug in the Facebook app. Move to the google play store also below my apps, view if you have an update for the Facebook app when you find an available update. Immediately you install it, restart your device.
- You will need to reinstall the app
You can also fix try to delete the Facebook app then reinstall it on your device. If you need to uninstall the app, you will need to visit the Google Play store and search for Facebook. After, click on the uninstall button.
Otherwise, you will need to go to Apps & notifications or App manager below your settings. Click on Facebook and click on the uninstall button. Now reinstall it again when downloading it from the Play store.
- Try to install another version of Facebook
Maybe you are updating or uninstalling app solve your issues, you can now turn up to an older version of the app.
ALSO, READ – Facebook Dating Site; Download Facebook Dating App
How to get this done
- You will need to uninstall the Facebook app which is shown above.
- Download by clicking on this link here, now you can download the APK file for the old version of Facebook.
- If you have not downloaded the APK file from Google play store, you will enable the unknown sources setting to install APK files on device operation on android 7.0. you will need to go to Settings on your device then click on security/privacy. You will enable unknown sources then go to the next step.
If your device is operating on android 8.0 Oreo also above, you can follow the next step.
- Click on the download file to install the APK file. You will be prompted to move in the settings when you click on the APK file on your android 8.0 Oreo or above. In your settings, you will need to enable the toggle, which will allow the source. With this help, you will safely install APK files.
If all this step do not work out, you can download the Facebook lite app by clicking on the link here