Navigated Table of Contents
Information Technology Assistant Job Vacancy @ EngenderHealth – EngenderHealth has an opened job for those that are interested in working with EngenderHealth, been an international standard company and want to work as an Information Technology Assistant. Details of the work are explained below.
- Nov 10, 2017
- Full time Information Technology
Information Technology Assistant Job Description
EngenderHealth is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Information Technology Assistant .
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Job Code: 1173
Program/Office: Nigeria / Fistula Care Plus
Reports To: Country Project Manager
Information Technology Assistant Job Summary
- The Technology Assistant provides end user support on EngenderHealth standard software and hardware.
- He or she provides maintenance of software and hardware assets; upgrades, relocates and tracks hardware (laptop and desktop allocation).
- The information Technology Assistant works closely with the Global IT team to maintain and optimize the local network/server infrastructure.
- The Information Technology Assistant also provides backstopping to the project Monitoring & Evaluation team
Information Technology Assistant Job Responsibilities
Technical Support (70% time):
- Add new users and new resources to the network, making any other configuration changes as needed;
- Assist with the management of EH accounts (locking/unlocking, changing password)
- Perform hardware and software maintenance/upgrades.
- Maintain local area network, including laptops/desktops, switches, wireless access points and servers, by checking status of system operations daily; checking desktops and laptops for optimal performance on a scheduled basis; ensuring virus protection software is updated to current versions and virus definitions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with operating systems and EngenderHealth standard applications, email, local area network, computer hardware and peripherals, printers, VPN access and remote computing, and Internet access.
- Resolve user requests for hardware or software assistance. When needed, escalade issues and work with the rest of the Global Tech Team for resolution. Document problems and resolutions.
- Provide technical assistance for any EngenderHealth conferences, workshops, or trainings held at a field office or at a remote site.
- The Information Technology Assistant is expected to provide the following services on a regular basis:
- Ensure that backup is effectively running on end users’ machines and servers and remedy or report errors to Global IT Team.
- Ensure that antivirus software is being updated and software are up to date on end users’ machines
- Ensure that network communications are up and in good condition (both local LAN and VPN).
- Ensure that local Active Directory is healthy.
- In addition, the Information Technology Assistant is expected to own the following tasks and responsibilities on an as-needed basis:
- Work with local providers (Internet, phone, etc) to ensure the resolution of issues which may arise related to their services.
- Act as a liaison to other local companies, consultants and vendors when equipment repairs are needed.
- Provide technical assistance in the procurement of IT related equipment.
- Provide regular updates to the Global IT Team regarding the status of the office and work closely with them on the resolution of issues as applicable.
Asset Maintenance (10% time):
- Track allocation of software and hardware.
- Relocate equipment within the office as required.
- Replace basic internal hardware components if necessary (e.g., network interface cards, power supplies, disk drives, etc.).
- Configure and install new and replacement end-user hardware.
- Install and configure all EngenderHealth standard software.
Training (10% time):
- Perform technology orientation for all new staff (including full-time, part-time, interns and consultants).
- Other end user training as needed based on project’s needs.
Intranet (5% time):
- Develop and update the Nigeria office intranet pages including, but not limited to, identifying inconsistencies and out-of-date information.
Special projects (5% time):
- Handle tech projects as assigned.
- As well as all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences (or related field) and 1-year on-the-job training; or 2 to 3 years related on-the-job training, preferably in an international or not-for-profit environment.
- Experience working in and supporting a Windows 7/ Windows 10 environment
- Experience working and supporting Windows server 2008/2012/2016 environment
- Experience replacing basic internal components of computer hardware.
- Experience supporting business computing — MS Office, Internet Explorer, remote computing,
- Familiarity with virtualization especially VMWARE,
- Familiarity with network security and CISCO firewalls
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and move computer hardware.
- Available to travel