- 1 iPhone and Group Apps | How to Create Folder on iPhone and Group Apps
- 2 iPhone and Group Apps | How to edit an existing folder
- 3 iPhone and Group Apps – How Folder Names are Suggested
- 4 iPhone and Group Apps | Adding Folders to iPhone Dock
- 5 iPhone and Group Apps | Making Folders on iPhone 6S, 7, 8 and X
- 6 iPhone and Group Apps | Removing Apps from Folders
- 7 iPhone and Group Apps | Deleting Folder on the iPhone
iPhone and Group Apps | How to Create Folder on iPhone and Group Apps
iPhone and Group Apps – Do you know you can actually create folders on iPhone like the way Android users create folders on their phone. Creating folders on IPhone makes your home screen apps reduce. If you group apps together, it will make it easy for you to access your phone without stress.
iPhone and Group Apps | Creating Folders and Grouping Apps on iPhone
To create a folder and group your apps on iPhone, you can do so by following the steps below.
- Firstly, you have to know the apps you want to group in the folder. Minimum app in a folder is two.
- Click and hold one of the apps until all the apps on the screen begin to shake. (this same process id used to rearrange the app)
- Drag the app you are holding and place it on top of the other one you wish to group. When the first app merges with the second app, take your finger off the screen, by doing so, it creates a folder
- Now, what happens next depends on the version of the IOS you are running. In IOS 7 and higher versions, the folder will take up the entire screen. In IOS 4-6, you will see the two apps and the folder’s name in a little strip across the screen
- You can also edit the name of the folder by just clicking on the name and using the onscreen keyboard.
If you wish to add more apps to the folder, just click on the wallpaper to minimize the folder, then drag the apps you wish to add to the folder. After adding all the apps you want to add to the folder, click the Home button on the front center of your iPhone and the changes will be made.
iPhone and Group Apps | How to edit an existing folder
To edit an existing folder:
- Click and hold the folder until it starts to move
- Click on it once again and the folder will open then its content will fill the screen
- You can now edit the folder’s name by clicking on the text
iPhone and Group Apps – How Folder Names are Suggested
When a folder is created first, the iPhone will suggest a name for it. The name given to it is based on the category that the apps in the folder come from. Let’s take for example, if the apps grouped in a folder come from the Game category of the App Store, it will be named Games.
iPhone and Group Apps | Adding Folders to iPhone Dock
The dock is the four apps across the bottom of your iPhone. You can also add folders to the dock if you wish.
To add folders to your app:
- Move one of the apps in the dock by dragging it to the home screen
- Drag the folder you want to add to the empty space
- Press the Home button to make changes.
iPhone and Group Apps | Making Folders on iPhone 6S, 7, 8 and X
To make a folder in iPhone 6S, 7, 8 and X is a little bit trickier and this is because the 3D Touch Screen on the device responds differently to various presses on the screen. If you use these phones, you did not have to press on it too hard because of the screen, a little tap and hold is enough.
iPhone and Group Apps | Removing Apps from Folders
To remove an app from a folder on your iPhone or iPod touch, follow the below steps:
- Click and hold the folder you wish to remove the app from
- When the apps begins to shake, remove your finger from the screen
- Click on the folder you want to remove the app from
- Drag the app out of the folder and put it on the home screen
- Tap the home button to save the new arrangement.
iPhone and Group Apps | Deleting Folder on the iPhone
To delete folder on the iPhone, it is similar to removing an app. To do that:
- Drag all the apps out of the folder and put them to the Homescreen after doing this, the folder disappears
- Then press the Home button to save changes.