Last updated on September 20th, 2020 at 08:39 pm
JAMB 2017 UTME – Introduces new guidelines
Jamb 2017 UTME – It is no longer a news on the fact that there has been battle to fight examination malpractice in Nigeria.
Most students are exposed to exam malpractice since from their primary schools and that continues to secondary school level and then to university level.
Ahead of the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), JAMB has new rules and guidelines that will prevent Students from being cheating. Below are the Jamb 2017 UTME guidelines:
1. The introduction of CCTV cameras for all the CBT centers.
2. The introduction of a single hall containing 250 functional desktops or laptops computer systems with extra 25 as backups. The computers must be minimum 15-inch screens and must be connected to robust computer server with capacity to carry a minimum of 250 systems concurrently.
3. The introduction of cabled Local Area Network (LAN) and not wireless connectivity.
4. The introduction of cubicles with minimum length of 26 by 18 inches.
5. There will also be adequate security with minimum of five technical personnel and a network engineer on site.
6. Availability of back-up power supply (power generating set of minimum of 40KVA for a center with 250 systems) and UPS or inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two hours.
7. All the centers should have minimum of 250-capacity reception facility such as canopy with chairs.
8. All the centresâ€™ premises must be enclosed and must have adequate and functional air-conditioners. The centres must also have lighting, up-to-date antivirus and minimum of Windows 7, among others.
As we recall that last year, the UTME board said that the use of scratch cards would be abolished but would adopt â€œpin vendingâ€ for the Jamb 2017 UTME test. Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the head of media and information advised intending candidates to get familiar with the new approach.
The board also saidÂ they are looking into the cancelation of the use of general cut-off marks for candidates of Jamb 2017 UTME.