Last updated on September 20th, 2020 at 09:57 am
How To Apply For Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Permit – Process & Requirements
Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Permit (LASRRA) – This a body that is charged with the responsibility of registering all People living within Lagos State, Nigeria. The Lagos State residents’ registration attracts many benefits for both the states itself and the people living in Lagos as well. This art of doing is in line with international best practices of nations and states having reasonably comprehensive database of the people living in their state.
However, in this article, we will be discussing the Lagos State Resident LASRRA Registration process and requirements involve before you register.
Important Of Lagos State Resident Registration Agency Permit (LASRRA)
LASRRA implementation known as Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Permit Bill was passed into law and was signed on the 27th June, 2011. The benefits and important is in two categories;
- To benefit the Government and’
- To benefit the people living in the Lagos state
However, the establishment of Lagos State Resident Registration Agency (LASRRA) as the following important to the Government:
- LASRRA was established to create a reliable database of all people living in Lagos State.
- LASRRA was established for the relevant infrastructure for the creation of a residents’ information database.
- Also, the establishment was to produce guidelines for data to be contained in the registration form.
- The last and not the list, LASRRA was established to advice the government on mode of collecting data from the public.
- LASRRA helps the Govt. to Identifies the number of teachers, doctors and nurses required to meet the needs of the populace.
Lagos State Resident Registration Agency (LASRRA) as the following important to the Residents:
- People living in Lagos will be provided with more hospitals, schools, libraries and books
- LASRRA enable the Govt. for appropriate allocation of Market place. In other words, people living in Lagos get more market place by do doing creating more job to women and men in the state.
- There will be increase in the number of Nurses, Teachers, Doctors in most schools and hospitals
What Are Lagos State Residents (LASRRA) Registration Requirements?
Before you can begin the LASRRA registration, there are requirements involve for anyone to be allow to register and these must be taken to the registration Centre where biometric information will be captured. The requirement is important before the registration. Someone cannot come from another state to register LASRRA in Lagos, else it will cause inadequate in data collection and chaos. Therefore, below are the LASRRA registration requirements:
- Two(2) proofs that shows that you are living in Lagos State, Nigeria and identification is required: Rent Receipt/Utility Bill –of current place of residence is compulsory AND any one among the following:
- International Passport.
- Birth Certificate.
- Employee ID card – must have address/logo of employer.
- National ID card.
- National Driver’s License.
- Student ID card.
- Tax Card or receipt.
- Letter of Identification from Parent/CDA/Householder or registered association or organization.
All proofs that you live in Lagos and means of identification presented must be valid at the time of registration. The person in charge of the Registration will retain a copy of all items presented. Please bring originals and photocopies.
How To Apply For Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Permit – How To Register
If you are not yet registered, there is still and opportunity for you to register for the Lagos State Residents LASRRA. To register and apply with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASSRA), you have two options of registration. Which are as follows:
LASRRA Registration Online Method
Some of you have been asking the question if they can register Lagos State Residents Agency Permit (LASRRA). The good news is; it is possible to do LASRRA online registration but the registration won’t be completed not until you visit nearest registration centre or office with your unique reference number that was generated online for the Biometric/Finger Print data capture to complete the registration. To do this; visit = http://www.lagosresidents.gov.ng/registration/.
Lagos State residents (LASRRA) Direct Registration
In this LASRRA Direct Registration, as the name implies, you have to go directly a registration centre that are in your area in Lagos state where your data is entered manually by the registration officer and your biometric/Finger print data is capture.
Note: Lagos State Residents registration process and application is only completed when your biometrics/Finger print has been captured.
After LASRRA Registration, What Next?
After the registration is completed successfully at the registration centre, a temporary LASRRA Registration Card will be issue to keep. The temporary Card will serves as proof of registration and must be presented when the permanent residency card is printed for collected.
Note: The LASRRA Temporary Card will only be valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
List Of Lagos State Residents – LASRRA Registration Centres
The following are the List of Lagos State Residents – LASRRA Registration Centres.
LASRRA REGISTRATION CENTRES EPE DIVISION
Ayegbami Quarters, Lekki.
Find a domain starting at $0.88
powered by Namecheap
LASRRA REGISTRATION CENTRES IKEJA DIVISION
LASRRA REGISTRATION CENTRES IKORODU DIVISION
Agboyi Road, Council Alapere Ketu.
#19 Bah wahala street, Pedro Gbagada.
Ikosi Road, Ikosi Bus-Stop, Ikosi-Isheri LCDA
LASRRA REGISTRATION CENTRES LAGOS ISLAND DIVISION
64 Freeman Street, Lagos Island.