Mercy Corps Nigeria Graduate Internship Programme 2016
Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on womenâ€™s empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the north east of Nigeria and causing displacement of thousands of individuals, Mercy Corps interventions in Nigeria are implemented in a conflict and gender sensitive manner.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria – Reports and Editing Intern
Tracking Code: 220208-927
Dates of Internship: 01 April 2016 to 30 September 2016
Position Type: Intern
Length of Internship: 6 months
Mercy Corps Responsibilities
For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive:
- $1500 stipend/month
- ISOS Coverage
- Visa reimbursement
Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with:
- Medical Insurance
- Any additional costs associated with internship
- The Humanitarian portfolio covers the emergency response to the needs of conflict affected populations in north east Nigeria and we operate across three states with funding sources (including but not limited to O.F.D.A., F.F.P., E.C.H.O. and the E.U.,) with multi-sector interventions in food security, livelihoods, protection, W.A.S.H. among others. You be expected to engage in the development and editing of reports and learning documents.
- Our porfolio covers work across the middle belt of Nigeria and is looking to expand into the Northeast. Historically our portfolio has focused on cross-communal conflicts emerging from lack of institutional arraignments to manage the limited resources across the region. Our conflict programs are funded by the British Government, USAID, Department of State and foundations.
- Understand the elements of a quality donor report and be able to produce and edit reports that meet these requirements
- Gain competence in managing data collection systems for humanitarian and conflict programs
- Improve research skills
- Gain a deeper understanding of conflict and humanitarian programming in Nigeria, and of international nonprofit work
- Improve ability to communicate cross-culturally
- Support the editing and production of internal and external reports for the management teams
- Work with program staff to complete an analysis of data quality and management systems and improve the management of these systems.
- Complete research projects, as requested.
- Support proposal writing, as requested.
You should possess the following qualification:
- Graduate Degree in Communications, International Development, Political Science, International Affairs, Economics or related degrees.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online