Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment for Facilities Managers
Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment for Facilities Managers – The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa. It’s championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers services such as:
- Trading services.
- Licensing services.
- Market data solutions.
- Ancillary technology services.
It is an open professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.Â The Listings Regulations Department falls within the Legal and Regulation Division. The Exchange needs an industry professional with a strong personality. Good people management skills and the ability to work as a team player to support the Division.
READ; Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment 2019/2020 | Apply Latest Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment 2019/2020
We are seeking an exceptional individual to work in a close partnership with the Head. Listings Regulations Department in the capacity below.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Business Area: Corporate Services Division.
Report to: Head, Administration.
Grade: AM – M.
Start Date: Immediately.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa. It championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- It is an open, professional, and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world.
- To provide the expertise that ensures the NSE building is well maintained in a professional and effective way. Maintain a secure, functional, and productive working environment.
- To deliver services that meet business requirements. Adheres to NSE’s policies and procedures as well as ensure adherence to Health and Safety standards.
- Serving as the Facilities Manager, this position reports to the Head, Administration Department at the Corporate Headquarters.
- Management of the organization’s fixed assets and facilities.
- Repairs and maintenance of fixed assets.
- Disposal of fixed assets.
- Responsible for overseeing the property development function of the organization.
- Electrical & Power Management: Manage electricity – bills and supply, diesel supply & management, generator purchases, and maintenance.
- Administer an appropriate Asset Management program to maintain and improve the value of NSE’s assets and provide a safe, reliable, and cost-effective work environment.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance system for all machinery, equipment, sanitary systems. Civil works Manage various projects which include but not limited to the building re-stacking and space planning exercises to optimize building available space usage, within budget cost.
- Ensure proper management of contractors, their legal contracts, performance, invoice payments, and compliance with schedules.
- Conduct a periodic review of office space allocation in order to identify cases of under-utilization and recommend alternative solutions.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations, local authority requirements, and accepted codes of practice are effectively adhered to.
- Maintain positive and regular liaison with local authorities.
- Facilities Sanitation – Ensure facilities are clean at all times, supervise the Sanitation Attendants, Manage work schedules, and roaster of all sanitation attendants.
- Develop, Implement, and manage the building energy-saving plan and conservation activities Perform other duties assigned by Head, Administration.
Desired Competency and Skill Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise of building systems.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of real estate disciplines (architecture, construction, space planning, and engineering, surveying, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of and understanding of Finance principles in order to manage the P & L of the assets.
- Knowledge of real estate law and related documents (contracts, deeds) coupled with the ability to apply them to complex business situations.
- Strong negotiating, strategic planning, and communication skills.
- Strong project management and control techniques.
- Detailed understanding of both written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of local and international practices in the Capital MarketsÂ industry; Ã¯â€šÂ· Working knowledge of the interrelationship of all major operations of the NSE.
- Highly developed skills in the following: Microsoft Office; project management; scheduling of tasks, management, and general organization on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Analytical skills / Problem-solving.
- Resilience, Tenacity, and Integrity.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication (oral & written)
- Security Department.
- Facility Management Company.
- Annual Maintenance Contractors.
- Demonstrated experience of all applicable practices and techniques, laws, project controls, and environmental regulations to include safety regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of the following functional areas: safety, building maintenance; office services, facility management, contract management, vendor management, building security and HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) systems.
- Practical experience in process improvement, life-long learning, and creative problem solving; a sense of urgency, good judgment for deciding priorities and handling people, and life and business common sense. Progressive experience in building operations, engineering, and equipment and systems maintenance.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- Minimum of Bachelor / HND degree or certification in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or similar.
- An MBA, membership of a professional body, or a recognized professional certificate is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of real estate work experience in facilities management or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years middle management experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume to email@example.com