Navigated Table of Contents
Senior Clinical Program Manager Job Vacancy @ EngenderHealth – EngenderHealth has an opened job for those that are interested in working with EngenderHealth, been an international standard company and want to work as a Senior Clinical Program Manager. Details of the work are explained below.
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Nov 10, 2017
- Full time Health Care
Senior Clinical Program Manager Job Description
EngenderHealth ongoing recruitment for suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Senior Clinical Program Manager.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Job Code: 1109
Project: Fistula Care Plus
Reports To: Country Program Manager, Nigeria
- Fistula Care Plus (FC+) is a five-year project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners.
- It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
Senior Clinical Program Manager Job Summary
- Senior Clinical Program Manager will support strengthening Fistula Care prevention and repair activities as assigned.
- S/he will work closely with medical authorities in project supported states and staff in supported-sites to provide technical assistance for interventions related to fistula prevention and repair in accordance with national and EngenderHealth standards and guidelines.
Senior Clinical Program Manager Job Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Country Project Manager and Global Project Director, the Senior Clinical Program Manager will:
- Provide technical oversight to other clinical staff on FC+ in the design, implementation and integration of comprehensive fistula care programs, which includes the provision of family planning services. Development and evaluate these programs and activities;
- Manage clinical staff and provide oversight in the provision of fistula and family planning services and training on these areas;
- Ensure that fistula treatment and family planning services at partner repair sites are providing high quality care and meeting standards through clinical tracking of individual clients, as well as aggregate monitoring and evaluation;
- Support and build the capacity of the MOH, local NGOs and professional associations in collaboration with FC+ partners to create awareness and support fistula services and build their capacity;
- Review and lead the update the National OF strategy and use of the Surgical Safety Toolkit.
- National strategy oversight and advocacy that harmonize with the SAO (Surgery Anesthesia Obstetrics) platform of the emerging safe surgery community of practice embodied in the Lancet Commission on Global Surgery, the World Health Organization Global Initiative on Emergency and Essential Surgical Care (GIEESC), and the World Bank’s DCP3 Essential Surgery
- Facilitate integration of fistula training into accredited academic training programs in medical teaching institutions in Nigeria;
- Facilitate non-surgical treatment of fistula using the FMOH catheter guideline for fistula prevention and treatment and non-surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse with pessary; to include coordination of task-shifted platforms with the National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives;
- Cooperate with the M&E staff to support M&E implementation and tracking of the project’s standardized indicators for OF;
- Train healthcare workers in various clinical content, i.e. counseling, family planning, pre and post-operative care, and use of the project’s Surgical Safety Checklist at OF sites;
- Supervise OF repair sessions at all supported FC+ sites using the Surgical Safety Toolkit quality assurance trackers and surgical safety checklists;
- Train regional supervisors in supervision and medical monitoring for genital tract fistula at the clinical level
- Support routine implementation of standardized project facility assessment carried out by facility staff and finalized on walk-through audit visits.
- Support fistula facilities utilization of standardized facility assessments and the Sentinel Event tracker of the surgical safety toolkit to support, or to help create, facility processes for monthly ‘Morbidity and Mortality’ review meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Clinical Degree with advanced degree in Public Health, Management or Public Administration
- Certified registration with Nigeria Medical Association
- Training in Fistula Repair preferred
- Five years’ experience in management of health facilities in Nigeria, or equivalent
Senior Clinical Program Manager Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Medical or surgical practice in Nigeria
- Experience with and understanding of MOH structure/systems, and with USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Demonstrated Experience with Staff Appraisals
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
- Experience as a Trainer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- French communication skills a plus